1.02.2011

Hope

hope4_jpg_scaled1000

I read on another blog about having a word for the year.  The word hope immediately came to my mind.  2010 was a rough year.  It seemed like a black cloud followed us from the spring into the fall.  It was the toughest year we have faced together and I hope we never face another one like it.

In 2010, I learned the true meaning of love.  I learned how strong I am.  I have learned that while my heart will forever be broken, it is okay for me to laugh and enjoy my life.  It is also okay for me to be sad and to cry some days.  It is only natural.   I will never truly be the same person that I was before July 7th, but I learned that I will be okay.  I have never been more thankful for my family and friends.  They gave us support when we needed it the most and we can’t say thank you enough.  Still today, I feel so blessed by the outpouring of love that we have felt from everyone. 

Steve and I couldn’t wait to start 2011 and put 2010 behind us.   I hope that 2011is filled with more happiness than sadness, more laughter than tears and more ups than downs.  Mostly, I hope for that one dream of mine to become a realization.   I don’t know what twenty eleven will bring for us, but I have hope and I have faith that 2011 will be better.

Jeremiah 29:11~

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

No comments: