11.14.2010

Lost

Saturday night, Steve and I had a nice date night planned to celebrate our 5th dating anniversary.  We enjoyed a yummy dinner at one of our favorite places.  When we got home I realized that the bracelet my mom had gotten me to remember Willow was missing.  Steve and I searched the house and the car.  I called the restaurant and left my name and number in case it was found.  We then headed back to the restaurant to search the booth and the parking lot ourselves.  On the ride there the tears started.  We had no luck finding it.  By the time we got home, I was a hot mess.  Tears, mascara and snot were flowing. My husband just held me as I cried.  I know the bracelet could be replaced, but it wouldn’t be the one that my mom had given me. There were so many emotions tied to that bracelet.  Losing it, was like losing another piece of Willow. 
If I get right down to it the melt down was the ugly cycle of grief coming back around.  I knew the break down was coming.  The past few weeks I have been back in the why phase of the grief cycle.  It was only a matter of time before the big break down came.  The bracelet was just the catalyst.  It was a rough evening and a bad morning. I went back to the restaurant this morning to look one more time.  On the way there, I called my mom to tell her about the bracelet.  She told me not to worry and that she would go and buy me another one.  By the time I got home, my sweet husband had already ordered one.  I will have my little piece of Willow back on the 22nd. 

No comments: