11.25.2010

Thankful

As difficult as our lives have been since July, we have also come to realize how blessed we truly are.  We have experienced such pain and heartache, but we have found that there is much to be thankful for too.  So as we join our family today, here are some things I need to give thanks for:

  • My husband, who continues to be my pillar of strength.  He makes me smile, laugh and also wipes the tears.  He makes this journey so much easier.
  • Christopher, the person that made us get on with our daily routine.  We both wanted to keep things as normal as possible for him and for us.  He puts a smile on our faces and gives us a reason to laugh and be thankful.
  • Our families who have gone through the heartache right along with us.  They comfort us, take care of us and continue to check on us.
  • Our friends – those near and far.  The support and words of encouragement that you have sent our way, we so value and appreciate. 
  • Our doctors and nurses – they took tremendous care of me when I was so sick.  I was close to being put in ICU and their care kept me with Willow and my family.  The nursing staff was so compassionate and gentle and we will forever remember them for that. 

And last but not least, I am thankful for the few minutes we got with Willow Ann.  Getting to see her open her eyes was something I prayed for and an image that I will never forget.  With time we are healing, but we will always miss her.  Today we have much to be thankful for.

No comments: