10.25.2010

First Day Back

Today was my first day back to work.  My doctor felt that physically I would be fine going back and I felt that emotionally I probably needed to go back.  There was a huge part of me that wanted to stay home.  Home is my safety zone, but I know for my well being that I need to get back into a normal routine.    So instead or curling up on the couch,  I got up to the sound of an alarm and went back to school.  By 8:30, I was exhausted, but I made it to 2 which is my planning period.  Then I headed home and took a long nap.  I am very lucky that my team is supportive and doesn’t mind that I am easing back into work and that I have an extremely understanding principal that told me to leave early for as long as I wanted. 

IMG_5968 One of my little boys carried these flowers in to school this morning with a big smile.  It certainly started my day of right!

IMG_5967 Another mother brought these in for me during lunch.  I have been very blessed by all the support I have received.

No comments: